MOTHER 3:Level-up stats table
|Level-up ability table|
|# of Entries||16 (0x10)|
|Entry Length||324 bytes (0x144)|
|Total Length||5184 bytes (0x1440)|
|Back to the ROM map|
This table contains various level-up information, including the PSI abilities learned at each respective level. This does not contain level-up experience data. The entries in this table correspond to the party character names.
Each entry in the table uses 324 bytes.
- 000-001 (002) = [ A ] Character number
- 002-003 (002) = [ B ] Character starting level
- 004-00B (008) = [ C ] Starting equipment
- 00C-01B (010) = [ D ] Starting stats
- 01C-0BB (0A0) = [ E ] Stats adjustment table
- 0BC-0BC (001) = [ F ] Playable in overworld value
- 0BD-0BD (001) = [ G ] Playable in battle value
- 0BE-0BF (002) = [ H ] Animal value
- 0C0-13F (080) = [ I ] PSI learning table
- 140-143 (004) = [ J ] Attack sounds
00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 000 | [ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D -> 010 | <- D ] [ E -> 020 | <- E -> 030 | <- E -> 040 | <- E -> 050 | <- E -> 060 | <- E -> 070 | <- E -> 080 | <- E -> 090 | <- E -> 0A0 | <- E -> 0B0 | <- E ] [ F] [ G] [ H ] 0C0 | [ I -> 0D0 | <- I -> 0E0 | <- I -> 0F0 | <- I -> 100 | <- I -> 110 | <- I -> 120 | <- I -> 130 | <- I ] 140 | [ G ]
Every two bytes, there's the value of one of the equipped items of a character when you first use it. These items are not considered by the game, since the inventory is set by Game logic when you add a character to the group.
However, if you go to the Debug Room before the end of the Prologue, the inventory isn't set and the game uses these items.
There are 11 stats entries: one for the starting/base stats, and then ten entries used for extrapolating a stats curve (one point at every tenth level). Each entry has 16 bytes:
- 00-03 (04) = HP target
- 04-07 (04) = PP target
- 08-08 (01) = Offense target
- 09-09 (01) = Defense target
- 0A-0A (01) = IQ target
- 0B-0B (01) = Speed target
- 0C-0F (04) = Kindness target
The game will try to meet these targets, but it adds some randomness to it as well, so the exact values aren't usually met.
If byte BC is not 00, it won't be possible to see the Status of the character and their inventory. If byte BD is not 01, the character won't be playable in battle.
Animal party members have these bytes set.
Salsa has a value of 0x06 and Boney has a value of 0x07.
It's unknown what these bytes do and if they're used or not. (There is evidence that suggests this value was used in some bugged, or outdated, Game logic when talking to a mouse in Osohe Castle)
PSI learning table
This table is only ever considered for Lucas and Kumatora; everyone else's tables are empty and never get read.
The table contains 32 entries, each consisting of four bytes:
- 00-01 (02) = PSI entry number
- 02-03 (02) = Level learned (use 100, or 0x64, if the ability uses event-based learning)
Attack sound pointer
These bytes point to the sound of the characters's attacks. These numbers correspond to the song pointer table, and not to the sound player songlist.