Super Mario Bros. 3
From Data Crystal
|Super Mario Bros. 3|
|Mapper Name||Nintendo MMC3|
|PRG-ROM Pages||16 x 16kB|
|CHR-ROM Pages||16 x 8kB|
|ROM map | RAM map | Text table | Notes | Tutorials|
The FamicomBox header name is SUPER MARIO 3.
- Mario Improvement 3 - Program and source also available here.
- SMB3 Discombobulator - A popular level editor.
- SMB3 Map Editor
- SMB3 Text Editor - Edits most of the text in SMB3.
- SMB3 TSA Editor - An editor for the 16x16 TSA (Tile Square Assembly) used in the game.
- SMB3 Workshop - A newer editor: edits levels, pointers, graphics, palettes, variables, etc.
- Vegas - An editor for the bonus card game.
- Carnage 3 - This is a hack replacing the enemies with Spiderman villains. It has been disowned by the author.
- CBMario3 - This hack changes the first two levels and makes them more challenging.
- Lost Levels - This patch allows you to unlock a series of "lost levels" which were apparently used in the development of SMB3. They include two enemies which don't appear anywhere else: Gold Cheep Cheeps and Green Parabeetles. Can also be found here.
- Luna World - This is also a little bizarre. It goes from world 1 to world 3 and it all looks like a dog's breakfast.
- Mario 69 by Pyre
- Mario Adventure - This hack isn't really a hack. It's basically a brand new game using the SMB3 engine as the base. Over 100 new levels, new powerups and loads of secrets, this is a real good one. (PRG 0 patch, PRG 1 patch.)
- Mario In: Some Usual Day - An excellent hack that is very similar to Mario Adventure in that it seems much more like a brand new game based on SMB3 than another simple hack.
- Punk Mario
- Quick Bros. - A level design, graphics, text, and gameplay hack by Quick Curly.
- Smashing Pumpkin Bros 2 - This is the second of two hacks made by Steve and David Pukin about the band Smashing Pumpkins. Can also be found here.
- SMB3 - 2nd Run - A good level-only hack by Recovery1, completed to World 8.
- Strange Mario Bros. 3 - Worlds 1-4 are changed, changes the levels and makes the game more difficult.
- Super Mario Bros. 2k3 - This is an attempted complete overhaul of SMB3. The first two worlds are finished and playable, but the game isn't being worked on at the moment. The idea of the hack is to make the game a lot more difficult, and relies on the player's strategy and skill, rather than simply bombarding them with enemies.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Challenge (SMB3C) - One of the earlier Super Mario Bros. 3 hacks, developed by x-4000 of the now-defunct Challenge Games. This version primarily makes the game (much) more challenging, while also changing the "story" and a few of the graphics. Over 20,000 downloads. The game takes hundreds of lives and over 8 hours for even the very most expert players to complete.
- Super Mario Bros. Chaos Control
- Super Monk Bros. - This is a graphic and level hack with a new story. Mario is now a monk and you have to find the princess to enlighten him in monk wisdom.
- In the North American version of Super Mario Bros. 3, if you were hit while in any "powered" form (e.g. Fire Mario, Raccoon Mario, any of the suits), you reverted to Super Mario. In the Japanese version, such a hit would revert you to Small Mario.
- In the original game, part of the status bar in the bottom left part of the screen had a tendency to flicker. This glitch can be corrected by rewriting the bytes at ($) 3F7B2, 3F8E0, 3F8E1, 3F8E2, and 3F8E3 to 16, EA, EA, EA, and EA, respectively. [Original respective values are 0D, 68, 8D, 10, 40.]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (E) [!p]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0) [p2][!]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0) [p3]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0) [p4]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG1)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (PC10)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG0) [!]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG1) [!]
- No external links yet.