Stadium critical hit calculation?
I'm not the best at assembly, but reading through this I think I found some inaccuracies? (or at least some stuff that doesn't match up with the formula?)
- What is going on/what are the differences between what happens at the three sections titled "Critical Hit", "¡Un Golpe Crítico!", and "Critical Hit calculation"? I have no idea what's going on in the first one, and the last two both seem responsible for calculating the ratio together.
- For a regular move (no Focus Energy), tracing the assembly starting at "¡Un Golpe Crítico!", what is the "If A0 ≠ 1, jump to 0x35C52C" line responsible for? Later, it looks like "BEQ R0, R0, $0035C558" is always true (since zero = zero) which means that a chunk of code below it is always skipped? This would throw off the BaseSpeed + 76 >> 2 formula.
- Which lines are ultimately responsible for manipulating the critical hit rate, for the normal case, Focus Energy case, high critical-hit ratio case, and both Focus Energy+high crit ratio together case? How much does using a high critical hit ratio increase the probability of landing a CH?
- Replied on your Talk page. --Mantidactyle (talk) 18:16, 8 January 2015 (EST)
Link Battle PRNG length
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wikid/index.php?title=Pok%C3%A9mon_Red/Blue:RAM_map&action=history -- "then it's up to D151, right ? I only saw 9 numbers changing but it might be because I forced a FF at d151"
I saw the pokered disassembly's wram.asm: "wd148:: ds10"; but looking at engine/battle/core.asm lines 6728 to 6739, the loop runs for a total of 9 times.
Interestingly, in engine/cable_club.asm lines 35-43, the loop runs ten times there, further strenghtening my initially wrong belief. I apologize for causing that confusion. Motus (talk) 11:05, 1 February 2015 (EST)
Stadium (1/2) Git repository
Your Stadium stuff is really neat. I’ve been poking at the ROMs a bit myself (here). Would be neat to work together on this. We discuss it on IRC (#pret at irc.freenode.net) if you’re interested. IIMarckus (talk) 20:35, 3 March 2015 (EST)
Game internal name
Uploader doesn't seem to be working
When I tried to replace F-Zero Climax's title screen. It gave this error:
Could not read or write file "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/7/7f/F-zero_Climax_Title.PNG" due to
insufficient permissions or missing directories/containers. Could not store file "/tmp/phpSBbLkm" at "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/7/7f/F-
- I do not have the rights to be able to solve this directly, you should send a PM to one of the admins on romhacking.net forums about this ? I just sent a message on #datacrystal on irc about this. --Mantidactyle (talk) 11:56, 6 July 2015 (EDT)
Mario page can tell you if the game is running, fighting, 2D, 3D, which video game etc...
also can have a category Mario, but Mario page is better than one category, you can inform for example the video game,
in the page Mario: I put separate kinds of Mario, and also informed his video games