Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. 3 has been extensively hacked.
- SMB3 Discombobulator -- A popular level editor for Super Mario Bros. 3.
- SMB3 Workshop
- Mario 3 Improvement
- Vegas -- An editor for the bonus card games.
- SMB3 TSA Editor -- An editor for the 16x16 TSA used in the game.
- Carnage 3 - This is a hack replacing the enemies with Spiderman villains. patch.
- CBMario3 - This hack changes the first two levels and makes them more challenging. patch
- Lost Levels - This patch allows you to unlock a series of "lost levels" which were apparently used in the development of SMB3. They include two enemies which don't appear anywhere else: Gold Cheep Cheeps and Green Parabeetles. patch.
- Luna World - This is also a little bizzare. It goes from world 1 to world 3 and it all looks like a dog's breakfast. patch.
- Mario Adventure - This hack isn't really a hack. It's basically a brand new game using the SMB3 engine as the base. Over 100 new worlds, new powerups and loads of secrets, this is a real good one. PRG 0 patch. PRG 1 patch.
- Mario In: Some Usual Day - An excellent hack that is very similair to Mario Adventure in that it seems much more like a brand new game based on SMB3 than another simple hack.
- Smashing Pumpkin Bros 2 - This is the second of two hacks made by Steve and David Pukin about the band Smashing Pumpkins. patch.
- Strange Mario Bros. 3 - Worlds 1-4 are changed,changes the levels and makes the game more difficult. patch.
- Super Mario Bros. 2k3 - This is an attempted complete overhaul of SMB3. The first level is completely finished, and the second is being worked on. It's mainly a level hack to make things more difficult (there's an underwater stage and ice stage in world 1). patch.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Special Luigi Edition - The very first non demo patch of SMB3LE!!! It only goes up to 1-5 (The duengon.)but its fun! patch.
- Super Monk Bros. - This is a graphic and level hack with a new story. Mario is now a monk and you have to find the princess toenlighten here in monk wisdom. patch.
The North American version of Super Mario Bros. 3 was the easiest Super Mario Bros. game for the NES. If you were hit as Fire Mario (or in any other form besides Invincible Mario or Super Mario), you reverted to Super Mario. That gave you an extra hit because the next hit after that made you small and after that, you became fair game to lose a life again.