Difference between revisions of "Super Mario Bros. 3"
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
== Headline text ==
== Headline text ==
Revision as of 17:44, 31 May 2010
|Super Mario Bros. 3|
|Mapper Name||Online download|
|PRG-ROM Pages||16 x 16kB|
|CHR-ROM Pages||16 x 8kB|
|ROM map | RAM map | Text table | Notes | Tutorials|
- SMB3 Discombobulator -A popular level editor for Super Mario Bros. 3.
- SMB3 Workshop -A newer editor; edits levels, pointers, graphics, palettes, variables, etc. It is available here. Also included are some text files, including a rather complete ram map and documentation of the level format. Source code here.
- Mario 3 Improvement -It is available here. Source code available.
- Vegas -An editor for the bonus card game which is called "The N-Block". Alternate Link
- SMB3 TSA Editor -- An editor for the 16x16 TSA used in the game.
- SMB3 Map Editor -- A thorough map editor. It is available here. The author recommends redownloading in error, because in some copies of this editor that were available on the Internet for the smb3strt.ips file, there was 1 byte that was wrong; the last byte before the "EOF" in the patch should have been A7 not 47. Here is a link to the BETA Release.
- SMB3 Text editor -- Edits most of the text in SMB3 - Get it Here
- Carnage 3 - This is a hack replacing the enemies with Spiderman villains. It has been disowned by the author.
- CBMario3 - This hack changes the first two levels and makes them more challenging. patch
- Lost Levels - This patch allows you to unlock a series of "lost levels" which were apparently used in the development of SMB3. They include two enemies which don't appear anywhere else: Gold Cheep Cheeps and Green Parabeetles. patch.
- Luna World - This is also a little bizzare. It goes from world 1 to world 3 and it all looks like a dog's breakfast. patch.
- Mario Adventure - This hack isn't really a hack. It's basically a brand new game using the SMB3 engine as the base. Over 100 new levels, new powerups and loads of secrets, this is a real good one. PRG 0 patch. PRG 1 patch.
- Mario In: Some Usual Day - An excellent hack that is very similar to Mario Adventure in that it seems much more like a brand new game based on SMB3 than another simple hack.
- Smashing Pumpkin Bros 2 - This is the second of two hacks made by Steve and David Pukin about the band Smashing Pumpkins. patch.
- Strange Mario Bros. 3 - Worlds 1-4 are changed,changes the levels and makes the game more difficult. patch.
- Super Mario Bros. 2k3 - This is an attempted complete overhaul of SMB3. The first two worlds are finished and playable, but the game isn't being worked on at the moment. The idea of the hack is to make the game a lot more difficult, and relies on the player's strategy and skill, rather than simply bombarding them with enemies. patch.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Special Luigi Edition - The very first non-demo patch of SMB3LE!!! It only goes up to 1-5 (the dungeon), but it's fun! patch.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Challenge (SMB3C) - One of the earlier Super Mario Bros. 3 romhacks, developed by x-4000 of the now-defunct Challenge Games. This version primarily makes the game (much) more challenging, while also changing the "story" and a few of the graphics. Over 20,000 downloads. The game takes hundreds of lives and over 8 hours for even the very most expert players to complete.
- Super Monk Bros. - This is a graphic and level hack with a new story. Mario is now a monk and you have to find the princess to enlighten him in monk wisdom. patch.
- Super Mario Bros. Chaos Control - created by a ROM hacker named Schwa
- Super Nazi Penis Cartel Freedom Fighters 3 - A tongue-in-cheek adult hack by Dr. Floppy.
- SMB3 - 2nd Run - A good level only hack completed to World 8 (by Recovery1) Patch
- Mario 69 by Pyre
- Punk Mario
- Quick Bros. - A level design, graphics, text, and gameplay hack by Quick Curly.
- Quick bros 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kkVet7mJI/here
In the North American version of Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES, if you were hit as Fire Mario (or in any other form besides Invincible Mario or Super Mario), you reverted to Super Mario. That gave you an extra hit because the next hit after that made you small and after that, you became fair game to lose a life again.
In the original game, part of the status bar in the bottom left part of the screen had a tendency to flicker. This glitch can be corrected by rewriting the bytes at ($) 3F7B2, 3F8E0, 3F8E1, 3F8E2, and 3F8E3 to 16, EA, EA, EA, and EA, respectively. [Original respective values are 0D, 68, 8D, 10, 40.]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (E) [!p]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0) [p2][!]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0) [p3]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG0) [p4]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (J) (PRG1)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (PC10)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG0) [!]
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG1) [!]
- Landslide- Smashing Pumpkins Games
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfcwwXUpugU go here preview 2 quick bros 2
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kkVet7mJI&feature=related preview 1 quick bros 2 wait for it to come out and download it
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kNrTr1N_MY&feature=related Lugi's Chronicles 2 smb3 go here its fun