|Mapper Name||S*ROM (MMC1)|
|PRG-ROM Pages||8 x 16kB|
|CHR-ROM Pages||0 x 8kB|
|ROM map | RAM map | Text table | Notes | Tutorials|
- MetEdit is an editor by Kent Hansen a.k.a. SnowBro. It is available here for free download. The latest known version is 0.91.
- Editroid is another Metroid editor, currently at version 1.2.1. It is available at snarfblam.com. It supports map editing, screen editing, support for editing all items, and palette editing. It can also change some text on the title screen, and allows modification of the objects from which the screens are composed, as well as the combos from which these objects are composed.
Metroid has been so extensively hacked that many Metroid hacks of varying themes and degrees of quality have cropped up over the years in the nooks and crannies of cyberspace. So while the list included herein may very well not be complete, it nonetheless represents many of the more notable Metroid hacks currently available. The .IPS files for most Metroid hacks on this list may be obtained from this site, and also from this site. Exceptions are indicated below...
- Bionic Metroid by Defgav
- Catman 1: Metroid by Cattar
- Evaroid by Mogemogesama
- Metroid 2000 by Collin Benson
- Metroid Adventure by Project Ridien
- Metroid Begins by Kirk Bradford Myers (Scheduled for release on August 6th, 2006)
- Metroid Captive by SPJ
- Metroid Challenge by Curtis Himel
- Metroid Deluxe by Deluxe Hacks
- Metroid Eternal Darkness by Vandal's Hacks
- M3tr0id H4rd c0r3 l33t by l33tspeak Translations
- Metroid M by Mega-Dog
- Metroid Origin by John Pilkington
- Metroid Planet by Metroid Planet
- Metroid Plus by Grond
- Metroid Quest by MakoEyes
- Metroid Revenge by L. Soft Hacks
- Metroid Remix by Litmus Dragon
- Metroid X by Rage Games
- Naked Samus by B.B.
- Project Ridien by Project Ridien. (Available only from here.)
- Riffroid by Sean Kelly
- Trodiem by Dr. Navi Software
- Metroid Genocide Dude Man
- Metroid Omega by Redrum
The Metroid ROM data formats pages describing the technical inner workings of various Metroid ROM addresses can be accessed using the following links. Best when used in conjunction with the ROM Map section.
- Metroid (E) [!]
- Metroid (PC10)
- Metroid (U) (PRG0) [!]
- Maps of all levels for Metroid (Complete and in sections) at NESMaps
- Metroid at romhacking.net — contains Dirty McDingus's disassembly (a gold mine of information) as well as SnowBro's disassembly, which it was based on.