Difference between revisions of "L'Empereur:Notes"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
* Morale giving Speech
Revision as of 10:31, 2 January 2019
Centers of Power
Certain cities in the game are designated as "centers of power". They are as follows:
- 5: London
- 7: Stockholm
- 8: Copenhagen
- 9: Amsterdam
- 12: Berlin
- 13: Warsaw
- 14: StPetersburg
- 17: Moscow
- 22: Vienna
- 24: Munich
- 28: Paris
- 34: Venice
- 37: Rome
- 39: Istanbul
- 42: Lisbon
- 44: Madrid
In order for Napoleon to advance from one rank to the next, you must first capture both a specific number of cities and a specific number of centers of power.
The last byte of every officer's entry in ROM 0x3466A - 0x35758 encodes hidden personality traits which have multiple subtle effects on gameplay. These traits & their known effects are as follows:
- Simple, Calm, or none
- Coward, Courage, or none
- Charm or none
- Luck or none
- Allegiance (Value from 0 to 3)
- When you deny an officer's request for an expedition, if that officer is Simple, there is a chance that he will disobey your orders and attack anyway. The chance of this is:
If that officer is also Courageous: 50% Otherwise: (50-(floor(Loyalty/2)))%
- Officers that are Courageous are more likely to launch attacks on adjacent cities even when outnumbered.
- Officers that are Charming give a greater boost to their troops' Morale when giving a Speech.
- Officers that are Lucky have a decreased chance of dying of old age each January.
- Officers with low Allegiance stats drop Loyalty at a faster rate & are more likely to defect.
- Officers with Allegiance 3 are playable in Scenario 4 (Napoleon & his relatives)