- 1 Text Files
- 1.1 How To Draw
- 1.2 Gameplay text
- 1.3 Copyright text
- 1.4 Misc. Text
- 1.5 16x8 Text #1
- 1.6 16x8 Text #2
- 2 External Links
How To Draw
The table file for Kirby's Adventure is available. However, this table file is only compatible with the "How To Draw Kirby" movie when you start the game. Created by Memetchilove using FCEUX's Pattern Table Viewer, Notepad, and WindHex32.
The "How To Draw Kirby" text offset is: 0x7A978 - 0x7A9D5
The following text uses UPPER & lower case font, and while actual font/graphics is same, its position on PPUview is different, thus requiring a different table file. A few notes about this and ones below: Some of them are all over the place so either scroll down or use search function a lot. Also some words are repeated or shortened to save space and when changing text it's possible that game glitches up, so make sure to make backups before editing. Also in table files I don't include space(" ") tile because its not always same and changes depending where text is/in what screen is it on.
Text locations, in order as they appear in rom:
Level names appear from 0x26F3B - 0x26FA9 as follows:
- 0x26F3B - 0x26F4A = "Vegetable Valley"
- 0x26F4B - 0x26F5A = "Ice Cream Island"
- 0x26F5C - 0x26F6A = "Butter Building"
- 0x26F6D - 0x26F78 = "Grape Garden"
- 0x26F7D - 0x26F87 = "Yogurt Yard"
- 0x26F8D - 0x26F98 = "Orange Ocean"
- 0x26F9C - 0x26FA9 = "Rainbow Resort"
- 0x275D0 - 0x27964 = Text for the introductory demo
- 0x2796C - 0x27B13 = Text that plays after beating the final boss
Credits for the staff appears from 0x27B48 - 0x27F2E as follows:
- 0x27B48 - 0x27B57 = "Hiroshi Yamauchi"
- 0x27B75 - 0x27B7F = "Satoru Iwata"
- 0x27B84 - 0x27B93 = "Shigeru Miyamoto"
- 0x27B97 - 0x27BA3 = "Takao Shimizu"
- 0x27BDE - 0x27BED = "Masahiro Sakurai"
- 0x27C1F - 0x27C2B = "Takashi Saito"
- 0x27C2F - 0x27C40 = "Shigeru Hashiguchi"
- 0x27C82 - 0x27C8B = "Kazu Ozawa"
- 0x27C90 - 0x27C97 = "Ya Miura"
- (Developer's name is Kazuya Miura, I assume the "Kazu" is taken from earlier)
- 0x27CBD - 0x27CCE = "Shinichi Shimomura"
- 0x27CD2 - 0x27CE2 = "Tsuyoshi Wakayama"
- 0x27D0F - 0x27D1A = "Hiroaki Suga"
- 0x27D3C - 0x27D45 = "Akio Hanyu"
- 0x27D49 - 0x27D57 = "Shigenobu Kasai"
- 0x27D79 - 0x27D83 = "Tetsuya Abe"
- 0x27D86 - 0x27D93 = "Teruyuki Gunji"
- 0x27DB5 - 0x27DC1 = "Senji Otoguro"
- 0x27DC5 - 0x27DD5 = "Yoshimi Takahashi"
- 0x27DDA - 0x27DE2 = "Ki Suzuka"
- (Developer's name is Yoshiki Suzuki, Possibly took the "Yoshi" from earlier)
- 0x27E0C - 0x27E18 = "Hirokazu Ando"
- 0x27E1C - 0x27E27 = "Jun Ishikawa"
- 0x27E53 - 0x27E63 = "Satoshi Mitsuhara"
- 0x27E67 - 0x27E72 = "Hidetoshi Seki"
- 0x27E76 - 0x27E7E = "Seika Abe"
- 0x27EAC - 0x27EB9 = "Atsushi Kakuta"
- 0x27EBC - 0x27EC9 = "Yasuhiro Sakai"
- 0x27ECD - 0x27ED7 = "Hideki Fuji"
- 0x27F06 - 0x17F15 = "Halken Debuggers"
- 0x27F19 - 0x27F20 = "Nintendo"
- (Appears as "Nintendo Debuggers" in credits. I assume "Debuggers" was taken from earlier.)
- 0x27F27 - 0x17F2F = "Dan Owsen"
Various Game Explanations
- 0x5CB80 = Arena explanation
- 0x5CCD0 = Warp Star explanation
- 0x5CDF0 = Museum explanation
Extra Game Message
- 0x5CF3E - 0x5CFC7 = Message that plays describing post-game
- 0x714B1 - 0x71F1C = Descriptions of abilities that appear on the pause menu
- 0x76919 - 0x76988 = Egg Catch Instructions
- 0x77B1E - 0x77B99 = Crane Fever Instructions
- 0x7835A - 0x783C8 = Quick Draw Instructions
- 0x6BCC0 = Save File 1 Text
- 0x7BACA - 0x7BC1D = File Select "Rankings" (Water Drop, Super Star, etc.)
Self-explanatory, note that "(c)1993" is repeated. Requires different table file than above.
- 0x6BCCA - 0x6BCCE = "Kirby"
- 0x6BD22 - 0x6BD31 = "Play Crane Fever"
- 0x6BD42 - 0x6BD4B = "Quick Draw"
- 0x6BD54 - 0x6BD5C = "Egg Catch"
- 0x6BD62 - 0x6BD6A = "V.S. Boss"
- 0x6BD73 - 0x6BD76 = "Quit"
- 0x69A2F - 0x69A33 = "Level"
- 0x69A46 - 0x69A5B = "The Fountain of Dreams"
- 0x7B794 - 0x7B798 = "Level"
- 0x7B79D - 0x7B7A0 = "Easy"
- 0x7B7B5 - 0x7B7BA = "Medium"
- 0x7B7C4 - 0x7B7CE = "Challenging"
- 0x7B7DA - 0x7B7DD = "Quit"
- 0x7B7FA - 0x7B7FE = "Music"
- 0x7B813 - 0x7B81D = "Sound Efect"
- (Effect appears misspelled in the ROM)
Pause Menu for Previously Beaten Levels
- 0x7B82D - 0x7B830 = "Quit"
- 0x7B890 - 0x7B893 = "Quit"
- 0x7B8BD - 0x7B8C8 = "Are You Sure"
- 0x7B8EB - 0x7B8F2 = "Continue"
Main Menu Text
- 0x7B919 - 0x7B928 = "Play Bonus Games"
- 0x7B947 - 0x7B955 = "Play Extra Game"
- 0x7B975 - 0x7B984 = "Listen to Sounds"
- 0x7B996 - 0x7B99A = "Start"
- 0x7B9AA - 0x7B9AE = "Start"
- 0x7BA15 - 0x7BA19 = "Level"
- 0x7BA1F - 0x7BA23 = "Level"
- 0x7BA34 - 0x7BA39 = "Finish"
- 0x7BA42 - 0x7BA47 = "Finish"
- 0x7BA5E - 0x7BA62 = "Extra"
- 0x7BA7A - 0x7BA7E = "Extra"
- 0x7BA96 - 0x7BA9C = "Perfect"
- 0x7BAB2 - 0x7BAB8 = "Perfect"
16x8 Text #1
This is for text that uses larger, 16x8 font. Since text is two tiles in height, I used lowercase letters for top and uppercase letters for bottom, so if you edit text, you need to change both to same.
- 0x5CC80 = Warp Star
- 0x768C0 = Egg Catcher
- 0x77AC0 = Crane Fever
- 0x78300 = Quick Draw
- ..Possibly more?
16x8 Text #2
Same as above, but only used in credits.
- 0x27B30 = Credits
Note for below; Copy&paste these(separately) to notepad, and save file as "<name you want>.TBL" and make sure you change "save as type" to "all files" to use 'em.
|Internal Data for Kirby's Adventure|