Final Fantasy IV:ROM map
This data is apparently some kind of exit data, maybe all locations, or just towns. First location - Town of Baron.
- 158000 (SNES Address)
- A800 (File Address - Unheadered)
Location map object event type data (locked doors, healing jars, etc....
- 138300 (SNES Address)
- 98300 (File Address - Unheadered)
- Byte 1 - Object type
- Byte 2 - X position
- Byte 3 - Y position
- Byte 4 - Unknown
Tile properties for locations (i.e. collision data.) Make grass unwalkable, trees walkable, make them exits, or harmful to walk on, etc.. These are copied to RAM at 7E0EDB
- 149200 (SNES Address)
- A1200 (File Address - Unheadered)
Dump of Final Fantasy II (US) ROM
Addresses are for unheadered ROM. Any address without a range is the starting point for that set of data.
- 00BA30 = Menu Text
- 071800-071EFF (0006FF) = Enemy names
- 077370 = Battle Dialogue
- 078000 = Item Names
- 078900 = Spell Names
- 07A710 = Actor/Job/Command Names
- 07AE20 = Medicine Descriptions
- 07B070 = Battle Messages
- 07B440 = Status Names
Dialogue banks use DTE.
- 080400 = Dialogue Bank 1
- 088300 = Dialogue Bank 2
- 09A700 = Dialogue Bank 3
- 09E9C0 = Mysidian Legend/Ending dialogue
- 09F360 = Credits
- 0A9620 = Location Names
- 2053-20B2 - SaveRAM File: The party's inventory. Set any of these bytes to any value you like to get different items, including some removed from the U.S. version.