From Data Crystal
|Type||Normal + Batt|
|ROM Speed||120ns (FastROM)|
|ROM map | RAM map | Text table | Notes | Tutorials|
- PK Hack, written in Java, is the principal EarthBound hacking utility. In addition to containing modules for editing almost all aspects of the EarthBound ROM, PK Hack comes with its own hex editor and modules for data restoration patch application.
- Another utility, Map Editor SP, is in progress. Map Editor SP modulizes data in the EarthBound ROM, offering hackers a new level of versatility.
See also: List of EarthBound utilities
- Despite the size of the EarthBound hacking community, relatively few complete hacks for the game exist.
See also: List of EarthBound hacks
- EarthBound was originally released as Mother 2 in Japan for the Super Famicom on August 27, 1994.
- Two debug menus exist in EarthBound's data. The latter uses a Kirby sprite as its cursor.
- There are two dummied items, the Video relaxant and the Temporary goods. The former's description is "What the hey is this?", and the latter's is "A key given to you by a maid who works at the Monotoli building."
- A number of unused text blocks and graphics are also present.
- It is also worth noting that the structure of data in EarthBound's ROM is notoriously scattered and awkward to the extent that many of its hackers joke that its programmers were under the influence of drugs.
- Odds and Ends - a list of discoveries and techniques
- EarthBound (U) [!]
- EarthBound (U) [f1]
- EarthBound (U) [f1+C]
- EarthBound (U) [f2]
- EarthBound (U) [f3]
- EarthBound (U) [t1]
- EarthBound (U) [T+Spa091b_Tanero]
- Mother 2 (J)
- Mother 2 (J) [b1]
- Mother 2 (J) [b1+C]
- Mother 2 (J) [b2]
- Mother 2 (J) [f1]
- Mother 2 (J) [f1+C]