Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury
|Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury|
|ROM map | RAM map | Text table | Notes | Tutorials|
Change the sprite of any character
1. Go to the ROM map for reference, under Character Codes. 2. Pick a character you want to replace the sprites of 3. Get its' "Address", that's your key. 4. Get the "Value" of the character you want to replace with, that's your value. 5. In VBA or any other emulator, make the cheat.
086b6ccc:086ad1cc will replace all criminals in the game with Goku.
Recolor any character
1. Go to the ROM map for reference, under Character Codes. 2. Pick a character you want to recolor 3. Get its' "Value" and add 4 (in hex), that's your key. 4. The actual value to place here depends on what you want to recolor. You might want to map the colors yourself. But if you want to just rotate the colors (as they appear in the Palette viewer) Just pick 086aa3a0, and increment this value +1 each time until you see something you like.*
- If you want to create your own palette, you need to find 256 free bytes and fill them with values from 00 to FF. Then change the index you want to the color you want. You can only use colors in the palette. For example: If you want to change the color white to blue, your third value (white index) should be equal to 08 (blue index).
- Or you can use premade presents. For example
Add a halo to any character
1. Go to the ROM map for reference, under Character Codes. 2. Pick a character you want to change 3. Get its' "Offset" and add 50 (in hex, 80 in decimal), that's where the halo function sits. 4. Set this value to 0851c898
Add a waypoint
// configure West City to have 3 waypoints (first two are capsule-corp and z-mart) 0826A7B8:00000003 0826A7BC:087E6A00 087E6A00:0826A740 087E6A04:0826A758 087E6A08:087E6A0C // configure the third waypoint 087e6a0c:08007675 087e6a10:0800776d 087e6a14:00400108 087e6a18:00500111 087e6a1c:00020201 087e6a20:01ac00d8
How to find messages
Set a THUMB breakpoint at
r1 holds the text value in a 32bit integer.
If you open a HEX editor and search this integer in the game's ROM, you'll find it.
If you have more than one result, narrow your search to around
Once found, take the offset - decrease by 4 and add
0x08000000(to get the ROM address) now search that.
It should usually have one result - congrats. That's the pointer to the message. A pointer to the pointer of the message can oftentimes lead to finding the NPC in the ROM.
How to find areas
Set a THUMB breakpoint at
r1 holds the pointer to a MapInfo struct. From there it's easy to find the NPCs, events, etc..
|additional info about this game.|