EarthBound:NPC Battle AI Table
|NPC Battle AI Table|
|# of Entries||13 (0xD)|
|Total Length||26 bytes (0x1A)|
|Back to the ROM map|
The NPC Battle AI Table controls how Non-Player Characters behave in battle. It designates Enemy Configuration AI entries to each NPC and controls how they are targeted by enemy attacks.
Targetability of the AI entry. There are three known values.
- 0x01 - Untargetable. Enemies will not be able to attack this NPC.
- 0x06 - Forced targeting. All attacks from enemies will be directed at this NPC.
- 0x07 - Variable targeting. Attacks from enemies will be directed at this NPC randomly, as with Player Characters.
- Length: 1 byte
- Offset within entry: 1 (0x01)
- Range of values: 0-255 (0x00-0xFF) (Must be a valid index in the enemies table)
Enemy Configuration entry to be used for this AI. The NPC acts like it is the referenced enemy, except on the player's side.