Donkey Kong Land 2:Notes
0x18001: A list of 24-bit pointers (bank first, big endian) to MetaspriteSet structures. It's indexed using a metasprite set ID.
- The first byte is the number of metasprites in the set.
- Following that is a list of MetaspriteInfo structures- one for each metasprite in the set.
- Following that is a list of MetaspriteLayout structures- one for each metasprite in the set.
- 0x0: The number of sprites used by this metasprite.
- 0x1-2: A 16-bit pointer (big endian) to the first of the uncompressed tile patterns used by this metasprite. The pointer uses a special format (detailed below).
- Bits 0x0-A: The address can be calculated as this value * 0x20.
- Bits 0xB-F: The bank.
- A list of SignedPoint structures- one for each sprite in a metasprite- that define the locations of the sprites that compose said metasprite. Each consecutive SignedPoint is relative to the one before it.
- 0x0: y coordinate (signed)
- 0x1: x coordinate (signed)
- Each consecutive sprite forming a metasprite is drawn relative to the previous one based on the offsets defined in its MetaspriteLayout structure.
- Only 8 x 16 sprites are used.
- Tile pattern indices increase by 2 for every consecutively drawn sprite.
- Each sprite forming the metasprite uses the same sprite palette.
- When flipping the metasprite horizontally, negate the x offset of each sprite before adding it. Additionally, the metasprite should be drawn 7 pixels to the left.
Descriptions of the compression formats can be found at Donkey Kong Land:Notes#Compression.
Level Index Numbers
Here are the index numbers for the levels. In-game, the current level is stored in RAM address FFA6. Pointer tables, such as the ones for level maps, use this order.
00 - Mainbrace Mayhem 01 - Topsail Trouble 02 - Slime Climb 03 - Pirate Panic 04 - Gangplank Galley 05 - Rattle Battle 06 - Arctic Abyss 07 - Clapper's Cavern 08 - Black Ice Battle 09 - Kannon's Klaim 0A - Squawks's Shaft 0B - Windy Well 0C - Ghostly Grove 0D - Gusty Glade 0E - Web Woods 0F - Bramble Blast 10 - Bramble Scramble 11 - Screech's Sprint 12 - Jungle Jinx 13 - Klobber Karnage 14 - Animal Antics 15 - Target Terror 16 - Rickety Race 17 - Krazy Koaster 18 - Hothead Hop 19 - Redhot Ride 1A - Fiery Furnace 1B - Barrel Bayou 1C - Krockhead Klamber 1D - Mudhole Marsh 1E - Dungeon Danger 1F - Chain Link Chamber 20 - Toxic Tower 21 - Hornet Hole 22 - Rambi Rumble 23 - Parrot Chute Panic 24 - Lockjaw's Locker 25 - Lava Lagoon 26 - Glimmer's Galleon 27 - Krow's Nest 28 - Kleaver's Kiln 29 - King Zing Sting 2A - Kreepy Krow 2B - Stronghold Showdown 2C - Krocodile Kore 2D - K. Rool Duel
|Internal Data for Donkey Kong Land 2|